Trane CHHP N2 Semi-Hermetic Screw Compressor
Chiller GP2 Type Semi-Hermetic Screw Compressors CHHP N2 details;
- Trane Chiller CHHP N2 (GP2 Type) Model Semi-Hermetic Screw Compressors
- Starting: Star/Delta
- Cooling Capacity: 360 Kw
- Motor Voltage: 460-60-3 or 400-50-3
- Capacity Control: Variable unloading capability
- Refrigerant: R134a – R513A – R1234ze
- Design: Semi-Hermetic, Two Rotors
- Speed: 3600 rpm (60 Hz) – 3000 rpm (50 Hz)
- Heater: 150W Heater Element
Your current compressor may need replacement if:
- The existing compressor has damages from operating under extreme conditions for extended periods of time
- The compressor has become damaged from fire, freeze-up, or other physical damage, or
- The chiller has high operating hours, and a compressor replacement needed.
- Oil analysis results not satisfying
- Vibration analysis results not satisfying
The CHHP compressor is a “screw” or helical rotor design with two rotors, one directly driven by the motor called the male and the other driven by the lobes of the male called the female.
CHHP compressors have a female step load solenoid valve and male load/unload solenoid valves that are utilizes for capacity control. Therefore, the female step load solenoid is so named because it acts on the female rotor side of the compressor, and its function is to “pilot” a larger valve inside the compressor that opens to bypass compressed vapor back to the suction of the compressor. This bypass action causes a “step” difference in the capacity of the compressor.
On the Male rotor side of the compressor is the male port unloader piston, which can move laterally along the male rotor. Small bypass ports in the rotor housing covers and uncovers by the unloader piston as it moves. The two direct acting solenoid valves (the male load and male unload solenoid valves) controls the position of the piston. These valves add or vent pressure to the cylinder of the movable piston to position and “modulate” the amount of compressed vapor that bypasses back to suction.
One-half Degree Control
The screw compressor has variable capacity control capabilities that allow system water temperatures to be controlled to within 1/2° Fahrenheit. Typical reciprocating compressors and some competitive screws with fixed step unloading have loop temperature control tolerances of 2° Fahrenheit. Addıtıonally, this 2° Fahrenheit offset causes significant under and or overcooling resulting in increased overall energy expenditure.
Please contact us for CHHP N2 compressor overhaul inquiries.